Support and Guidance
Our friendly team are available to advice and support you during your time at the Elite Centre. You may need some help in order to enrol on the right course for you. Our team are available throughout the year and have a base at all our Elite Centres.
Current and past students can book an appointment at any reception to see a qualified Information, Advice and Guidance (IAG) adviser for help with:-
- How to conduct a job search
- Finding up-to-date labour market information – forecasts on areas of employment that are predicted to be growth areas
- Producing an up to date CV
- Writing speculative letters
- Completing application forms
- Gaining access to further qualifications and training
- Support in applying to higher education
- Information about overseas qualifications and how to get them translated and verified for use in the UK (this is a referral to an external company who will charge for their services)
Additional Learning Support
Elite Training, Assessing and Development welcomes learners with learning difficulties and disabilities. The Elite’s Inclusive Learning Team can help if you require some support with your learning.
Following a confidential assessment with one of the Inclusive Learning Team’s Mentors/Assessors, the following support may be available:
- Inclusive Learning Support Tutors
- Fully trained staff with specialist qualifications. They are experienced in assessing and supporting students with a wide range of difficulties including dyslexia, dyspraxia, Asperger’s Syndrome and students with mental health issues.
- Study Support Tutors
- Specialist teaching staff who can help you improve your literacy and numeracy skills. They can support you with the Maths and English elements of your course in the classroom or in Study Support workshops.